Bags and Backpacks for Men – Which to pick?
Bags and Backpacks for Men – Which to pick? -
Being able to carry around your things as you progress through your day is a vital part of modern life. Whether it’s your books, laptop, or lunchbox, you always need someplace to store these items as you take them with you outside of the house. This need, however, doesn’t mean that your leather adventure bag and backpack for men can’t be stylish and fashionable.
A variety of vintage leather bags and backpacks for men these days are especially fashionable in fact, but of course, you need to know a little about fashion to decide what the best vintage leather duffle bag for you is.
Are you looking for a new canvas backpack for a laptop, a waterproof leather backpack a vintage canvas backpack, or a retro backpack?
Do you like leather backpacks for men? Aren’t sure? No worries, we’ll help you decide!
Bags and Backpacks for Men - Which to pick? -
First, let's categorize by types of bags or backpacks you may be interested in:
- Messenger Bag
- Cross Body Travel Bag
- Duffel Bag
- Business Bag
Perfect! Let's dabble deeper into sizes and materials of the bags and backpacks for men you may be interested in:
- Fanny Pack Size
- Beach Bag
- Small Bag or Backpack
- Medium Bag or Backpack - Fits a laptop & similar items.
- Large Bag or Backpack - Fits shoes, laptop & big enough for travel.
- Supersize - For adventurers & backpackers i.e. fits EVERYTHING!
Got your pick?
Let's dive even deeper into the bag & backpack Matrix!
- Here, we won't be choosing between a red pill and a blue pill, instead, let's focus on the material gents, shall we?
Materials to choose from and their benefits:
- Canvas Leather Combination
- Ballistic Nylon
- Cordura Nylon
- Rip-Stop Nylon
- Waxed cotton
Not sure which material is for you? - No worries! Neo was confused in the Matrix as well! I will be Morpheus to your Neo!
Canvas backpacks are a popular choice among the different varieties of backpacks available. It has a vintage appearance and is made of highly strong and reliable material. Canvas bags are also simple to clean if they become too worn. Waxed canvas backpacks are a type of backpack that can be passed down through generations!
As canvas bags & canvas backpacks materials are sturdy, they may have lines where you often bend the material, however, this usually gives it an even better, worn-out look!
Most waxed cotton canvas is very water-resistant, and in most cases waterproof. It may not work as a life vest or a buoy, but it will save your Laptop from rain any time!
Once a year, we recommend cleaning and conditioning your leather bags and leather backpacks. If you live in a particularly wet or dry climate, or if the items are heavily used, you might want to do it every six months.
Leather Backpacks change with time, they will be very smooth at start, of course depending on the exact leather & how it was worked, but with smooth leather materials, it will remain as such for a long time before becoming stiffer & less smooth, giving it that vintage leather rucksack look.
Of course, having a leather vintage backpack ensures it's waterproof, however, it may start to smell after being damp and not dried properly.
Owning a canvas backpack, a canvas rucksack, or a canvas messenger bag with a mixture of leather in the right spots is a choice of many Gentcreate gentlemen.
It gives it that "good to wear with anything" look as it gives it some texture & color contrast in most cases.
Like everything in life, some jobs are best given to the best candidate, the same goes for materials in some places.
Having a vintage canvas backpack with leather straps and steel buckles is the right combination for all situations. Let's refer back to Matrix, shall we? - It's the entire team, with Neo, Morpheus & Trinity all together! Just pick the right color, and you'll be off to the Nebuchadnezzar to save Zion!
Polyester Material Bags and Backpacks
The polyester material is generally used for kids' backpacks and longevity wasn't in the plan in this case.
However, bags and backpacks made with polyester are quite inexpensive and hold vibrance of any color without any issues.
Polyester material may get dirty quite easily and is usually washable in most washing machines up until heat of 40 unless a higher amount is specified on the bag or backpack itself.
Rip-Stop Nylon Material
The number one attribute of a rip-stop nylon backpack or bag is that it's incredibly lightweight.
The rip-stop nylon material usually is reserved for waterproof adventure backpacks, in most cases, these backpacks are waterproof and hold color quite well.
Of course, you will not be stopped and asked about your luxury backpack, however, it has its purpose!
Picking the right combination!
After you've made your mind about the kind of combination that is right for you, make sure to navigate to our store where we sell all the best handmade canvas backpacks, waxed canvas backpacks, leather backpacks, and more.
- Keep in mind we do not sell Rip-Stop Nylon & Polyester backpacks, but if you are looking for one, you will find it in most stores near you, however, if you are looking for something special, that's where we come in! - Browse the Gentcreate store for the most unique items!
Learning more about bags & backpacks:
Choosing the right kind of backpack for men isn’t too difficult of a task, for many millennial men the question of bags and backpacks for Men.
- Which to pick? - has existed for a while now, it essentially boils down to what kind of items you wish to carry around, easy enough.
- If you want to carry around your laptop then you’ll probably be interested in a laptop case.
- For people who want to travel light with just the essentials, they should get a sling bag for men.
- Gents who intend to carry a lot more should opt for messenger bags for men.
- Laptops are any everyday staple for you if you’re a professional or even a college student nowadays, and since laptops aren’t cheap and they contain a lot of your valuable information it’s best to invest in the right quality to make sure that precious electronics remain safe.
- A laptop bag is not simply a backpack for a laptop. First and foremost, you should know the diagonal measurements of your laptop’s surface: is it 13 inches or 15? Since you will want a bag that fits that size perfectly. Next, make sure that your bag is solid and has enough room for all of your accessories such as your laptop’s charger, earphones, or other items you may use.
- When it comes to laptop bags, the biggest issues you want to avoid are buying laptop bags that are either not the right size for your machine or made of inferior material that seems like it won’t protect your device. Lastly, a piece of personal advice: try to get a laptop bag that matches in color with your laptop; that adds an extra layer of stylishness which always leads to a compliment from people.
My personal favorite bag in this category is the Weekend Travel Bag - displayed in the video above.
-The Weekend Travel Bag is by far, one of the most comfortable bags to carry around. Made with high-quality and lightweight material and very comfortable dimensions, you can sometimes barely even feel like you’re carrying something.
- Sling bags for men are very popular these days and it’s not hard to see why. Modern life is face-paced and constantly on the move as you race from your place of work to your favorite coffee shop and back home, so it’s very smart to travel light and only carry those things that you really need.
- The sling bag is absolutely perfect for this purpose as they not only let you carry the essentials wherever you go, but they also make you look very trendy and professional.
Vintage Messenger Bags are compact, easy to carry and have enough room for all of your professional needs.
I would recommend a messenger bag to you if you want to carry around items in addition to just a laptop such as a lunchbox or maybe some documents.
- Retro Shoulder Briefcase also has the additional benefit of really giving you a sharp professional appearance that sling bags and laptop bags, quite frankly, just don’t.
It really is all about your needs though, if all you want to carry is just your laptop then maybe it isn’t worth spending the extra money on a messenger bag.
Backpacks are a childhood staple for most of us, but if you want to continue using one into adulthood, let no one stop you. Backpack for men have their advantages with much more room to offer than your typical bag and perhaps you might find carrying a bag on your shoulders to be more comfortable than slinging it across your shoulder or carrying it by your hand. You can also use your backpack for your laptop.
- Out of all the rucksack backpacks for men, I would say that the Luxury Leather Backpack is definitely the best. It’s very rare to find a vintage backpack at as convenient a price-point as the Luxury Leather Backpack, that is for sure. With its diagonal top latch and striking caramel color, it is sure to make you look very unique in today’s drabber and greyer world.
If you feel that the Luxury Leather Backpack is maybe not for you, I have another great recommendation: Classic Vintage Backpack.
- Leather backpacks for men have been around for a while now, but it can sometimes be hard to choose the best one for yourself, after all, there are so many different types. Out of all the various leather backpacks for men though, the one I would most highly praise is the leather backpack.
- The Adventure Vintage Backpack is one of the most striking products that I have ever come across. With authentic, hard leather makeup and sturdy build quality at first glance, it might seem like a rustic accessory. But, when you give it a closer look, you can see that it just screams premium.
- Sporting a Leather Backpack is one of the most unique things that you can choose to wear since genuine leather products tend to not be very common these days. Choosing one over a more traditional non-leather backpack can be a great way to express your individuality and style to the world.
Bags and Backpacks for men are a vital need for most men, I hope this article has helped you to select the best one for yourself.